Virginia Junior Academy of Science
VJASCoordinator: lisa warden: email@example.com
The VJAS Committee has decided that in 2021 the Symposium (at a minimum) will be a Hybrid Synchronous Symposium. This means that school divisions will be able to have students present to judges in-person at the host institution or virtually via Zoom or similar platform. The in-person piece will only include the student presentation. Any speakers will be done virtually as a webinar. A final decision as to whether the Symposium will be a hybrid or ALL virtual event will be made in January.
- Student(s) write a formal research paper.
- School submits to the VJAS competition in February.
- STEM professionals read and screen projects.
- Students are selected to attend the Research Symposium.
- At the Research Symposium -Students make an oral presentation to judges, interact with peers and professionals, and experience a higher-education environment.
- Awards are presented in various STEM categories.
For more information visit VJAS website