Professional Development Opportunities
- East Ed provides multiple, quality professional development workshops for educators that focus on equity in education. See attached calendar for a list of current conferences available.
- Pacific Educational Group provides a variety of resources related to diversity. They sponsor free monthly webnairs. Be mindful that the webinar times are listed in Pacific time.
Please explore the websites and documents to recognize and celebrate diversity in WMS’ classrooms.
- Race Bridges for Schools has a wide variety of lesson ideas and resources, including powerful stories from various professional story tellers
- Teaching Tolerance has a wide variety of lesson ideas, including social justice topics using photography and many other diversity topics to integrate into all content areas
- Diversity Experiences
- A useful collection of discussion starters
- Great resource for TA lessons
- Reflections from the Classroom
- The Teaching Evaluation Gap
- Black Student Success in Higher Education
Please share any additional resources with Ms. Butler, Minority Achievement Coordinator.